There are a number of ways in which you can arrange to leave a legacy
Donating to the Advertising Education Foundation of Houston by naming us in your will or estate plan is a special way that you can help us fulfill our mission of providing educational scholarships and grants to the future leaders of the communications industry. Planned giving allows you to include charitable donations in your overall financial plan, which helps to ensure the future strength of our organization.
Bequests Made in Your Will or Trust
You may choose to provide for the Advertising Education Foundation of Houston by leaving a bequest in your will or trust. Bequests can be made in several ways, and below is a list of some of those options:
- You can provide that a specific dollar amount (for example, $10,000) will pass to the Advertising Education Foundation of Houston, or you can provide that a specific percentage of your estate (for example, 5 percent) will pass to the Foundation.
- You can designate a specific asset to pass to the foundation (such as a residence, a work of art or specified securities).
- You can provide for your loved ones first, and then designate the Advertising Education Foundation of Houston to receive the remainder of your estate.
- Bequests can also be made in memory of a person, and we would be happy to suggest ways to ensure proper recognition. For assistance, please contact us.
- Should you choose any of these options, please make sure you properly identify the Advertising Education Foundation of Houston. Learn more by contacting us.
Life Insurance Policies
You can name the Advertising Education Foundation of Houston as the owner and/or beneficiary of a life insurance policy. When existing life insurance policies are no longer important to your family’s financial security, you can pass on the financial benefits of the policy to the Foundation by designating the Advertising Education Foundation of Houston as the owner and/or beneficiary of the policy. As with retirement plans, this technique generally requires only filling out a form obtained from the life insurance company.
We would be happy to work with you to discuss the giving opportunities mentioned above and to help create a donation plan that makes sense for your particular circumstances. We also recommend that you speak with your tax and financial advisers to assist you in determining the best planned gifts for your circumstances.